I’m not overly keen on attending events, but I had the opportunity to attend the Blockchain World Conference in Bangkok this week, and I’m so glad I did.
I learned heaps. In fact, I walked away from the event feeling I have so much more to learn about the crypto world – especially around other coins, security, and legislation.
Here are a few notes I scribbled down throughout the sessions:
- An interesting way to evaluate ICO’s is following the 4 T’s: Timeline, Team, Token and Technology (not necessarily in that order).
- A company that has held an ICO can currently sell the company and its assets without the need to sell the “ICO assets” due to little governance, which is worrying for many.
- Many speakers agreed that Gibraltar, Austria, and Switzerland are the best countries to setup Crypto companies right now.
- One speaker had the opinion Bitcoin would see a huge surge in March due to Chinese New Year.
- Another speaker had the opinion that more VC’s would be pushing their portfolio companies to launch an ICO, mainly for faster liquidity for the VC’s.
- Governance was a huge topic at the event, with many agreeing A.I will have a huge play over the next few years.
- I personally learned more about NEO thanks to Da Hongfei speaking at the event, which on paper has some clear benefits over Ethereum.
- I also came across the Blockfolio app as a result of attending, which I’m really impressed with.